Veg Plotting offers a limited number of advertising slots and I’m looking for trustworthy partners who have a strong, relevant product or service. It also helps if I’m a regular customer of yours.
Why Advertise With Veg Plotting?
- I’m focused on the UK, with an international twist
- Content is regularly added and updated
- I'm innovative - I'm using blogging in lots of different ways
- I have stickability – my blog is over five years old
- I have a large, highly targeted audience
- I rank well in Google and social media metrics
- I’m highly regarded by industry professionals, peers and readers
- My audience is growing
- I offer a flexible and prompt service
- My advertisers usually renew their contracts
Who Reads Veg Plotting?
Gardeners and industry professionals who are interested in gardening, allotments, seasonal food, photography, travel, greener living or life in Wiltshire. I have over 1,000 readers signed up via RSS and email feeds, plus 400+ via Google Followers. Readers return for a regular mix of personal diary, tips and quirky irreverence. So far I've written over 1,500 posts for them.
The Shameless Self Promotion Bit
- Veg Plotting was a finalist for Blog of the Year at the Garden Media Guild awards in 2009 and 2012, plus The Horticultural Channel in 2011
- Veg Plotting attracts around 25,000 Page Views per month (Source: Google, October 2012)
- Top 2 UK Gardening and Horticulture blog (source: Cision)
- Top 10 UK Gardening blog (source: ebuzzing)
- Top 50 World Gardening blog (source: Invesp)
- Regular traffic via links on BBC, The Guardian and RHS gardening websites
- You may also like to check out my Press, PR and Clips page
What Advertising is Available?
- 125 x 125 visual ad block (no music or movement) or
- 4 line text link (around 90-100 characters)
- A link to your preferred landing URL (NB these are nofollow links to comply with Google's webmaster guidelines. This also ensures Veg Plotting sticks around to display your advertisement)
- Displayed on the right hand sidebar under the Sponsors heading
- Visual ads placed above text
- Minimum period of one month. Discounts are available for 6 months or more
- The text or link may be changed during the advertisement period for an additional administration charge
Note: I am not accepting affiliate or other click-through advertising requests.
Some thoughts on the follow/no follow debate
- Having no follow links for advertisements means my blog complies with Google's Webmaster Guidlines (see also Google's helpful page on Link Schemes)
- I have lots of requests for advertisements. Having a no follow links policy is an excellent way of finding good companies to work with who value their brand over their product's internet search position
- If I had a follow policy and if Google then penalised my Page Rank, my links out become worthless from an SEO viewpoint
- Some say a few follow links are acceptable to Google. I have no way of checking that, so I'm not prepared risk my hard work and blog for the sake of a few £££
- When I see a blog advert with a follow link, the trust worthiness of the company linked to goes down in my view
Note to Veg Plotting's readers: sponsorship is to cover my blogging costs so I can continue to write the kind of posts you expect from me and I enjoy writing. I'm retaining my independence and honesty regarding content and reviews. Read more in my Blogging with Integrity post for my reasons for doing this and my full disclosure policy.