GBBD: Flowers in the Rain

Click to enlarge image if needed. From left to right and top to bottom: Fuchsia 'Genii', Anthemis tinctoria 'E.C. Buxton', Cosmos 'Chocamocha', Dahlia 'Moonfire', mophead Hydrangea, Fuchsia 'Garden News', Campanula with leaves, doorstep Cyclamen, strawberry, Sedum, Centaurea montana, Helianthus, Fuchsia 'Hawkshead', Clematis cirrhosa 'Freckles', Clematis 'Elsa Spath', and tender Cyclamen.

I'm actually on holiday as of yesterday, but I'm sure Friday's drenched flowers will be in bloom today - as is my Dahlia Delight - because we're having a spell of mild, rainy and windy weather at the moment. So whilst the garden's definitely very 'backendish', there's still quite a lot of floral bounty around. It just takes a little more time to find it. Lesson learnt this month: Cyclamen has a lovely ethereal scent. I hadn't noticed that before, but then I haven't put some in the hanging basket next to the front door before either.

Garden Bloggers' Blooms Day is hosted by Carol at May Dreams Gardens.

NB I have posts set up for the whole of the week, but I'm going internet free whilst I'm away, so I won't be answering your comments until after I get back on Saturday.

Comments

  1. Lot's of goodies still in bloom. I only have primroses in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that you are enjoying your holiday VP and that it's not wet and soggy where you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Hols VP!
    Show off - so many blooms at this time of year!?? Wonderful, just lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky you are to have so many lovely flowers in bloom! Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there VP, first off… have a great holiday! Secondly… a brill idea on Cyclamens in hanging baskets. My sedums have just finished too! Happy GBBD :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have lots of pretty flowers, love all the fuchsias. We've still got lots of them blooming here too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers seem to be enjoying the rain, VP; I think I'm in love with the chocamocha cosmos:) Hope you are enjoying your holiday and that the sun is shining wherever you are!

    Enjoyed your last post--looks like the shopper on the right is considering a similar purchase:) Actually, my kids always enjoyed riding on any kind of cart like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have posted awesome picture of flowers that is appreciated. Keep up the good work. It was nice going through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that crazy English weather and its resulting fuchsiaosity! If only they were hardy here. Hope the rain holds off wherever you're vacationing... unless you prefer it soggy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shrub Fuschia is magnificent and so inspiring. I had no idea Cyclamen had a scent. Maybe I should get one this winter. Then again, that's not really fair to the poor plant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely flowers VP I seem to be so behind with looking at posts I bet I miss out on some lovely ones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and welcome thoughtful conversations :)

Comments aiming to link back and give credence to commercial websites will be composted!

Your essential reads

Jack Go To Bed At Noon

Salad Days: Mastering Lettuce

Testing Times: Tomatoes

Things in unusual places #26: Rubber Ducks

Chelsea Fringe 2014: Shows of Hands - Episode I

Merry Christmas!

The Resilient Garden

#mygardenrightnow: heading into summer with the Chelsea Fringe

That blue flower: A spring spotter's guide

Introducing the #mygardenrightnow project